If you are a nonprofit or know of a nonprofit doing great work in empowering Utah women and/or girls, we invite you to submit a nomination for the Utah Women’s Giving Circle’s 2014 grants.
Access the grant nomination form here.
Deadline: December 19th
We fund projects in Utah which are evaluated for their measurable, direct and immediate impact on women and girls in the areas of:
- Civic Participation and Leadership – Programs that give women and girls the opportunity to become involved as leaders in their own communities and political process.
- Economic Opportunity – Programs that give women the means and opportunities to lift themselves and their families out of poverty and onto a path of prosperity.
- Education – Programs that provide women and girls the opportunity to learn and be successful, such as scholarships and girl’s math, science, and technology programs.
- Health and Well-being – Programs that support the health and well-being of women and girls, including healthy choices, access to reproductive healthcare, and perinatal advocacy issues.
- Safety – Programs that address violence against women, including sexual assault and domestic violence, including legislation protecting women’s rights.
In order to be eligible for consideration, nonprofit organizations must meet the following criteria:
- The organization, or a program or project within the organization, serves to empower women and/or girls in Utah or a community within Utah
- Current IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt designation
- The organization has not received a grant in the past two years
The Giving Circle awarded $20,000 through five targeted grants in 2013 and we are looking forward to investing in organizations and programs that are changing the statistics for women and girls in Utah.
All nominations submitted by the deadline will be vetted by leadership and the top nominees submitted to membership for a vote in January, 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.